Monday, September 17, 2007

Notice of Redaction

The redaction I announced early Saturday morning is now finished. It turned out to be more comprehensive than I had originally thought necessary - in fact, it turned into an overhaul of all results since July 3rd. As a result, it took me a lot longer than I had anticipated, and had altered the absolute value of the Barrel's Bottom Composite Index by about 0.6-points-or-so downwards. So, the graphs that were imbedded in last week's reports all had to go.

Given the nature of the redaction, though, the day-to-day relative changes in the BBCI weren't affected that much. I found that simply substituting the new numbers for the old, with the surrounding text unchanged, sufficed. The needed adjustment of the weightings turned out to have that effect.

As the earlier version of this entry specified, the next report will be up tonight. Once the text and the numbers are ready, I'll post the entry and then add the graph when it's done. As also specified, this last sweep is the final one. Unless I'm in for some startling revelation, this last redaction sweep will suffice.

No comments: